Continuing Commitment To Our Community
Employee Volunteer Service Hours with Colorado Nonprofits
Colorado Nonprofit Boards with Employee Volunteers
Contributions to Colorado Nonprofits
All of us at Citywide Banks live and work here in Colorado. This is our community too. For more than 50 years, our leadership and employee team has been an active supporter of hundreds of nonprofit causes. Giving back to our community is one of our core values, and one of the reasons our employees love working here.
Giving a Hand-Up to Our Neighbors in Need
While we have deep roots in supporting economic development, cancer prevention, mentoring and education, Citywide Banks has a long history of advocating the cause of mental health wellness in Colorado. In 1975, our bank played an instrumental role in the development of Aurora Mental Health Center. Since then, Citywide Banks has expanded its support by serving on boards, sponsoring advocacy campaigns, promoting mental health first aid programs and contributing significant financial donations to many mental health organizations across the Front Range.
Citywide Banks was again named one of Colorado’s Top Corporate Philanthropists by the Denver Business Journal (ranked #16 on the latest November 2019 list). Here are some highlights of how we are giving back:
Mental Health Awareness
- Partnered with Mental Health Colorado and the Denver Business Journal on a 2020 Mental Health Matters special section and article series.
- Annual partnerships with Mental Health Colorado, Aurora Mental Health Center, AllHealth Network, Mental Health Center of Denver.
- Key mental health sponsorships with Kempe Foundation, NAMI Colorado, Rocky Mountain Crisis Partners, Asian Pacific Development Center, Denver Health Foundation, Littleton Public Schools Foundation, Comitis Crisis Center, Colorado Mental Wellness Network, Heartlight Center, University of Denver Graduate School of Psychology, Mile High Behavioral Healthcare, Jefferson Center for Mental Health, University of Colorado Center on Domestic Violence, and others.
Education and Mentoring
- Supported scholarship, internship, and other education initiatives with ACE Scholarships, Arrupe Jesuit High School, Denver Public Schools Foundation, Five Star Education Foundation, Regis Jesuit High School, Seeds of Hope, Colorado Golf Association, Community College of Aurora Foundation, Colorado I Have a Dream Foundation, Colorado REACH, and others.
- Supported mentoring programs with Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver, Boy Scouts Denver Area Council, Colorado Uplift, TEENS Inc., and others.
- Supported youth programs with Junior Achievement and the Junior League of Denver.
- Supported high-needs schools in the Denver Public Schools system to provide teachers with funds to purchase the supplies and materials needed to help students learn in a safe and healthy environment during the COVID-19 crisis.
Health Wellness and Cancer Prevention
- Helped families through health crises by supporting Gabby Krause Foundation’s Bags of Fun, Ronald McDonald House Charities, The Denver Hospice, ALS Association Rocky Mountain Chapter, Clinica Tepeyac, Lutheran Medical Center Foundation, William Meyn Foundation, Rocky Mountain Adventist Healthcare Foundation, Children’s Diabetes Foundation, and others.
- As part of our Pink Ribbon Debit Card program, Citywide Banks donated more than $7,500 to a breast cancer program in Colorado. The bank supported University of Colorado Anschutz Breast Cancer Research Fund.
- Partnered with Easterseals Colorado and Colorado Cross-Disability Coalition to help empower those living with disabilities.
- Contributed to the Denver Health Foundation COVID-19 Urgent Response Fund to provide foundational support for Denver Health in four critical areas: Equipment & Capacity, Healthcare Worker Relief, Telemedicine Capacity, and Behavioral Health.
Community Arts and Culture
- Supported community arts programs with support of Littleton Town Hall Arts Center, Boulder Ballet, Boulder Ensemble Theatre Company, Colorado Conservatory of Dance, Colorado Mahlerfest, Downtown Aurora Visual Arts, and others.
Housing and Human Services
- Supported housing and human service outreach initiatives with Habitat for Humanity Metro Denver, Denver Rescue Mission, Grand Foundation, Focus Points Family Resource Center, Bayaud Enterprises, Jeffco Action Center, Salvation Army, Aurora Interchurch Task Force, Arvada Community Food Bank, St. Vincent de Paul Society, and others.
- Contributed to Food Bank of the Rockies for emergency meals for families across Colorado due to the demand of the COVID-19 crisis.
Economic Development and Civic Pride
- Partnered with Downtown Denver Partnership, Aurora Economic Development Council, Historic Denver, Adams County Economic Development, Colorado Chamber of Commerce, Boulder Chamber, North Metro Chamber, South Metro Chamber, Western Welcome Week, and others.
- Supported the Latino Community Foundation of Colorado and Mi Casa.
- Continued as lead sponsor for care and upgrades to the Boulder Holiday Star on Flagstaff Mountain.
- Contributed to the Denver Small Business Relief Program. The Downtown Denver Partnership collaboration with Denver Mayor Hancock, and the office of Denver Economic Development and Opportunity (DEDO), supported small businesses during the COVID-19 economic crisis.