Giving a Hand-Up to
Our Neighbors in Need
All of us at Citywide Banks live and work in the Front Range. This is our community too, and we are passionate about seeing it thrive. More than 50 years after we opened our first branch on Colfax, some things have not changed, like our steadfast commitment to helping Colorado move forward. Whether it's responding to a crisis, funding a local cause, volunteering our time, or discovering another way to impact the needs of the local community, Citywide Banks regularly supports hundreds of Colorado charities each year.
Supporting Mental Health Wellness:
Supporting Mental Health Wellness in Colorado
During 2017, Citywide Banks is continuing our bank's long tradition of supporting the vital work being done by the behavioral healthcare providers across Colorado.
- Visit our 2017 MENTAL HEALTH MATTERS special section of resources and articles developed in cooperation with Mental Health Colorado and the Denver Business Journal;
- 2017 Diamond Partner with Mental Health Colorado (formerly Mental Health America of Colorado) to help fund counseling, Mental Health First Aid, and other programs
- Sponsor of multiple events for Aurora Mental Health Center; Helped raise $30,000 for AMHC programs;
- 2017 Collaborative Partner with the Mental Health Center of Denver
- Sponsor for multiple events AllHealth Network (formerly Arapahoe Douglas Mental Health Network)
- Event sponsor for the Kempe Foundation
- Sponsor and participant in multiple events for Rocky Mountain Crisis Partners
- Sponsor for Legacy Fund for Mental Health with Littleton Public Schools Foundation; Helped raise more than $75,000 for mental health programs in schools;
- Annual partner of Denver Health Foundation Child & Adolescent Psychiatric Health Endowment
- Community partner for Mile High Behavioral Healthcare; Helped grow community garden in Denver;
- Sponsor of multiple events for Asian Pacific Development Center
- Employee team sponsor for National Alliance on Mental Illness NAMI Walks Colorado event
- Aurora Central High School Sponsor and participant for Fire Within, an innovative student managed, suicide-prevention awareness program coordinated through Carson Spencer Foundation
- Volunteer board positions at Aurora Mental Health Center, Rocky Mountain Crisis Partners, Jefferson Center for Mental Health, Mental Health Colorado, AllHealth Network, Mile High Behavioral Healthcare, Colorado Mental Wellness Network, and Denver Health Foundation
Other Local Nonprofit Support:
Supporting More Colorado Causes
During 2017, Citywide Banks is continuing its focus on giving a hand-up to hundreds of Colorado nonprofit causes.
- Hosting another Charity Hand-Up Contest in November to raise awareness and contribute $10,000 to Colorado charities nominated by Citywide Banks employees
- Presenting sponsor of Latino Community Foundation of Colorado's 'Change for Change' initiative that aims to raise more than $250,000 for Colorado charities
- Title sponsor of Colorado Golf Foundation's annual golf tournament that raised more than $40,000 funds for Denver youth programs
- Annual Partner with Gabby Krause Foundation's Bags of Fun that brings the power of play to kids going through serious medical treatments at Denver hospitals
- Internship partner with Arrupe Jesuit High School
- Sponsor participant with Adams County Economic Development (ACED)
- Employee giving participant with Partnership for Colorado
- Employee volunteering with Junior Achievement to provide financial literacy education at Denver elementary schools and mentoring in the Business Week competition for high school students
- Sponsor of Western Welcome Week, celebrating community in Littleton, Colorado
- Presenting sponsor of the historic Central City Opera program
- Lead sponsor for care and upgrades to the Boulder Holiday Star on Flagstaff Mountain
- Event sponsor for Boy Scouts
- Event sponsor for The Junior League
- Active sponsor of multiple programs with the Aurora Chamber
- Sponsor for Tortillas for Tepeyac fundraising campaign for Denver's Clinica Tepeyac
- Sponsor for Leadership Aurora events
- Host of a series of free shredding events for local community
- Employees worked as business coaches for local students as part of Mi Casa job training for Hispanic community
- Presenting sponsor of productions at Littleton's Town Hall Arts Center
- Underwriting support campaigns with Colorado Public Radio
- Additional volunteer board positions at Aurora Housing Authority, Colorado Sports Hall of Fame, Boys & Girls Club, Kids First Community Health Services, The Action Center, Central City Opera,and Colorado Uplift
Charity Hand-Up Contests:
Charity Hand-Up Contests on Social Media
Since 2011, Citywide Banks has been hosting our Charity Hand-Up Contests to help raise awareness about the great work and ongoing needs of Colorado nonprofits. For each contest, seven local nonprofits are nominated by Citywide Banks employees.
Each nominee is promoted through our 12 bank branches, the bank's blog, and the bank's 12,000+ follower network on social media. Then, the public is invited to vote for their favorite cause through the bank's Facebook voting page. $10,000 in bank donations are split between the seven charities based on vote results.
Most significantly, these Colorado causes get a ton of new awareness through social media sharing. Our bank employees and customers get an opportunity to impact a cause without writing a check. And, of course, let's not forget the fun of the competition.
Past Contest Nominees
►Denotes past first-place winners
A Precious Child
It's comforting to know that our bank has a commitment to the community and a strong financial base.
The Citywide Banks Advantage
Citywide Banks is a Colorado focused, community bank committed to delivering responsive service, local expertise, and comprehensive financial tools for local businesses and families. For more than 50 years, our bank has been dedicated to finding ways we can impact our local community and move Colorado forward.
Why Citywide Banks?
Citywide Banks is a Colorado focused, community bank committed to delivering responsive service, local expertise, and comprehensive financial tools for local businesses and families. For more than 50 years, our team has been dedicated to finding ways we can impact our local community and move Colorado forward.About Citywide Banks